Thursday, April 22, 2010

Maturity Vs Immaturity

There is a fine line between maturity and immaturity, that is different in different situations and doesn't always involve age. There is the literal sense of being mature - which is older and more life experience/growing and the literal sense of immature - still having growing up to do. In most people no matter what their age be, still have "immature" qualities but nothing that would make you say that person is immature.

I think you find maturity and immaturity in the cases of Drama. Almost everyone hates drama, but usually has some sort of drama in their lives. I personally try to avoid drama... doesn't mean I don't have drama or people trying to cause drama. I think when drama begins, you have to know your opponent, know your principles and know when to either stick up for yourself or when to just ignore it.

The internet is like the fuel to the fire of immaturity and drama. I love Facebook and I love status updates, i love telling people how I feel,what I'm doing, etc. Even if no one really cares. I also for the most part like to keep it real; you just have to know when it's time to speak and when it's time to keep your mouth shut. Ah... keeping your mouth shut, something to be honest; i'm not so good at. I like the truth and I like people to know the truth; but I don't ever want to seriously offend anyone...a balancing act really. And yes, sometimes I just wabt to be the bitch and tell it like it completely is; sometimes I do want to call people out, but THAT would be immature. when it comes to the internet you need to know these things, cause this is how drama begins. However, it's not always the speaker who instigates the drama but the reader who may start the drama.

Example:
If the speaker states a fact w/o calling out/mocking any form of rudeness towards a person/place or thing. -Mature, not instigating
If Reader decides to get offended and call out speaker therefore starting a problem - immature,instigator
If speaker personally calls out,mocks and belittles a person -immature,instigator.

The point is either side can be immature, it just depends on who causes the drama. I have seen this happen more then once and it is a shameful thing. Doing so , on the internet usually gives less credit to maturity on either side, but does not change the fact that the instigator is almost always the immature one.Mainly, when making drama out of nothing. I could go into more depth, but shall refrain for it is time to say good-bye and enjoy my fiance's visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Walking Contradiction © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!